5 Tips to Prepare for the CBSE Board Exams
With exams right around the corner, CBSE students will be busy preparing for the Class 10 board exams. The Class 10 board exams are a crucial year for CBSE students. These exams are the gateway to higher studies. Students need to pass the exams and score high marks to be promoted to Class 11. Scoring high marks in the exams also helps students to choose their field of study.
So, it’s extremely important for students to study hard and prepare well in advance to score high marks. But, some students can have trouble preparing for the CBSE Class 10 board exams. This can lead to a lot of confusion and stress, which could, in turn, affect the student’s performance. We understand the students’ needs, so we’ve put together this list of 5 amazing tips that will help them prepare better for the exams.
5 Tips to Ace the CBSE Class 10 Exams
Are you anxious about the CBSE Class 10 exams and have a case of the exam jitters? Don’t worry. Here are 5 simple tips you can follow to prepare better and ace the CBSE Class 10 board exams.
- Make a study timetable: The first thing you need to do is create a proper study timetable. You can assign a particular subject for a day or a certain number of hours for each subject. Make sure to allot more time for subjects you have trouble understanding or need more time to study. Ensure that you give yourself ample breaks from studying to refresh your mind. This ensures that you stay focused and cover the entire syllabus well ahead of time. It also helps you stay away from distractions and concentrate on your studies.
- Solve question papers: Just studying or cramming is not enough to do well in the board exam. Students need to self-assess their performance to understand their strengths and weaknesses. It also helps them gauge their level of preparation. One of the best ways to do this is by solving previous years’ question papers and sample question papers. This helps them understand the marking scheme, the exam pattern, spot frequently asked questions, and the kinds of questions asked. Solving these question papers also helps them take mock tests, which helps them learn to write the exams. It also helps them learn to manage their time efficiently.
- Brain breaks: While preparing for the board exams, some students tend to get anxious and fall ill. It is extremely important for students preparing for the Class 10 board exams to stay healthy, both physically and mentally. Students need to eat well, exercise and sleep well. This helps reduce their stress levels and refreshes their minds. A healthy body and mind are more capable of learning than a stressed and tired mind. Schedule breaks in your study time and include some funny breaks to refresh your mind and body. Ensure you get a good night’s sleep and have a positive attitude; this will help you prepare better for the exams.
- Exam essentials: This is one of the most important steps in your exam preparation. The day before the exam, pack all your exam essentials. This includes your CBSE admit card, ID proof, writing implements like a pen, ruler, pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener etc.On the morning of the exam, check your bag to ensure you have all these essentials. You can also carry a transparent water bottle to ensure you stay hydrated during the exam.
- Revise: One of the most important steps that no student should skip is revision. Once you’ve covered the entire syllabus, start revising. Start revising chapterwise in each subject. Also, keep a notebook handy to highlight important questions and topics. Solve problems, answer questions and practice drawing diagrams and flowcharts often. This challenges your mind and helps you revise the topics and find any gaps in your learning. Ask your friends and family members to quiz you and explain the answers to them. And lastly, do not forget to revise using NCERT books and practice questions because most of the questions in the exams are from NCERT books.
These simple tips and tricks will help you prepare better and ace the CBSE Class 10 board exams.